The Department of Education and Skills (DES) is implementing an electronic system for processing invoices and other creditor inputs that require payment. The solution processes digital invoices from key suppliers and delivers them electronically to the 16 Education and Training Boards (ETBs). The solution enables the ETB’s to export the invoice information to the local finance system and expedite payment.
There are significant benefits to your organisation:
- It removes the hassle of processing paper invoices, chasing the status of your invoice and re-issuing lost invoices
- This system can provide a quicker payment cycle, and decreased debtor days.
- Printing and postage costs will be reduced, with quicker and cheaper processing as the information in electronic invoices can be fed directly into the ETBs payment and accounting systems.
- A paper invoice typically costs between €1.13 and €1.65. Electronic invoicing, an automated way for suppliers to send invoices, reduces the average cost per invoice to between €0.28 and €0.47.
- In advance of the EU obligation on all public services accepting e-invoices from April 2019, this will enable suppliers to engage with e-invoicing in one sector.